- Periodicals: Will these be reduced in number during the next 12-24 months? If so, why? What is the basis for this decision?
- A/V materials including CDs and DVDs: Some sections of this collection have already been significantly weeded; will this continue? Why?
- Is the Library committed to maintaining strong, diverse nonfiction and fiction print collections?
- What is the budget for ‘replenishing’ the collections with new items?
- Will there be balanced growth of physical and digital items?
- What role will public comment play? For instance, will the Board use public comment to modify the existing (adopted) strategic plan?
- What are the specific action steps for the objectives and priorities in the current plan?
- Is the plan viewed as an entirely new vision for services and collections at UFL or is it viewed as a strategy for allocating resources to enhance existing services and collections?
John Paul (JP) Goguen
Daniel S. Johnson
Kathryn La Barre
Ashley R. Price
Lawrence D. Smith
Carol L. Tilley
If you are an Urbana (or Champaign) resident and wish to have your name added to this letter prior to its release to the News-Gazette site and its mailing to the Urbana Free Library Board of Trustees, please send your name and street address to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 29, at noon.