Associate Director, Ann Arbor (MI) District Library (AADL)
Video presentation: Unusual Stuff at AADL
Article on AADL Board and updates from July 2013
According to a News-Gazette article:
"Library Board President Chris Scherer said the decision to hold public sessions with the three finalists was made to add transparency to the process. This will be residents' opportunity to give their input, he said."There seems to be limited time for Q&A at the 'receptions,' but get out there and ask them anyway! For instance, how will the candidates
- address staff concerns that existed before #bookgate but have persisted (and in some instances, been amplified)?
- regain and enhance public trust?
- improve transparency in administration?
- include staff and community meaningfully in strategic planning?
- bridge the digital / app / device / access divide in the community?
There's also a newly scheduled 'special' meeting of the Board of Trustees on Monday, February 3, at 3:15 pm in the Satterthwaite Conference Room (UFL basement) with two items on the agenda: public comment and a closed session for personnel matters. [Nb. We've since learned that the closed session is for the Board to interview the director candidate.] Perhaps use the public comment time to remind the Board what the community values / wants in an executive director.
The text of the official press release from Urbana Free Library follows.